Three types of temporary resident visas:
Canada Tourist Visa is a short-term Canadian immigration choice that permits tourists to visit Canada for the reason of tourism and holiday enjoyment. A Canada tourist visa is also called; Canada visitor visa or Canadian Temporary Resident Visa (TVR). The Canada tourist visa is provided for a maximum period of 6 months.
Foreign nationals who want to acquire a visa for the purpose of travelling to Canada will also require a transit visa to travel around Canada without being stopped. This visa is necessary even if the foreign national’s stay in Canada less than 2 days. Transit visa acquires no fee.
The China Transit Program and Transit Without Visa Program allows only a limited number of foreign nationals to pass through Canada if they meet the requirements, on their way to and back from the US without a Canadian transit visa.
• Permits foreigners to enter Canada only at a single time until their visa is valid;
• It may be issued up to six months before the presumed date of travel;
• Visa must have an expiry date period of minimum 1 month after the anticipated date of arrival in Canada.
• Permits the holder to request for an entry into Canada from any country as frequently as required until the visa’s period of validity;
• It is issued with long-term validity to aid entry into Canada for valid travelers;
• Acquires a maximum validity date of up to ten years or one month before the expiry date on the travel document;
• Must be treated as the standard document to issue, and any single-entry visa issuance requires officers to provide an explanation recorded in the application notes (e.g., a single-entry visa could be considered where an applicant is participating in a one-time special event in Canada for a very short duration);
• Can still be valid but attached in an expired travel document (in this case, the holder must also be in possession of a newer and valid travel document and must present both travel documents to the airline carrier in order to travel to Canada and to the border services officer in order to seek entry into Canada).
After a fixed period of time these Visas will not remain eligible and cannot be used after they expire.
Guidelines for issuing Multiple and Single Entry Visas:
IRCC continues to issue multiple-entry visas for a long duration to facilitate entry into Canada for valid travelers. All qualified applicants for a multiple-entry visa will get advantage of this and one visa will be issued to them.
It is important to note that all applicants are not eligible for a multiple-entry visa and that the final decision remains in the hands of an IRCC officer.
A foreigner who wants to go for an official tour or is participating in a one-time special event in Canada can get a single entry visa.
Basic requirements to visit Canada on a Tourist Visa:
If Canada is on your list for the next trip, the following are some requirements to apply for a Visit Visa:
1. A valid passport and other travel documents
2. Good health
3. A good moral character
4. Be able to convince the immigration officer that you have your family, property, assets,etc that would serve as a reason to come back to your home country
5. Be able to convince your immigration officer that you will leave the country before the visa expires.
6. You have financial resources required to pay for your expenses while in Canada.
7. Have no intention to find employment during your visit in Canada.
8. Do not possess any type of criminal record.
9. Do not constitute a security risk.
10. Agree to obey all the laws of the land.
11. May need to go through a medical examination.
How to apply for a Canada Visit Visa?
1. A visit visa application must be submitted to the responsible Canadian visa office in your country or region.
2. It is possible that you may be required to attend an interview where the visa officer will confirm:
The reason for visiting Canada.
That you are willing to leave Canada when the visa expires.
And your general admissibility to Canada.
3. You can travel to Canada after the visit visa is issued. An immigration officer will question the applicant to ensure admissibility when he will reach the port of entry.
To find out if you are eligible to apply for a visit visa, start your free assessment today. Apply for Canadian visit visa with the help of our authorized consultants from ICCRC with Marvel Immigration Services.